Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Long Curse is Over

For the first time in history, I have successfully been recorded singing. It's not the cleanest, or the best quality, but it's there. Now I just have to figure out how to deal with an .mp4 file, and I'll try to post it.

I will note, recording me has been tried before. Something has always gone wrong, ranging from having a tape recorder switch to double speed for no discernable reason, to having the audio engineer forget to turn off the mike in the back of the room while recording off the stage - and then eat his lunch next to it (the audio? CRUNCH, crunch, crunch, crunch. Pause. CRUNCH, crunch, crunch, crunch. It sounded like he was eating carrot sticks.)

Unfortunately, my good sport of a friend who did the recording, using my iPhone, didn't manage to catch the second, longer piece I did, but she did catch all but the first couple of seconds of Bist du bie mir (Bach). I hope I can figure out how to at least upload it to here or Facebook (or both) soon, and possibly how to edit it to clean up some gobbledy-gook at the end, where she was trying to record the second piece and it didn't quite work.

No comments: